Google Analytics

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Week 6 - Alternate Assignment

My Facebook Page
We first created our business Facebook page in September, 2017, as Cortes Real Estate and Investments, Inc.  We rebranded our business Born & Raised Realty, in June of 2018.  We haven’t been able to change our Facebook page namto Born & Raised Realty even though we’ve requested the name change numerous times and were denied. We appealed the denial, but always received a standard automated response of denial of the appeal.  We have been waiting to invite people to like our page until after we get this handled. Just last week I finally was able to get an actual person to respond and I am hopeful we will finally get the name change soon.  Currently, we have 61 followers and 58 total likes. In the last few months our posts have gotten between 91-146 link clicks and 157 – 253 post engagements. Our reach has been between 1,270 – 2,285.

In researching, I found three businesses that are similar to my business. 

The Shelhamer Real Estate Group is using Facebook to promote their business and real estate listings.  This company has room for improvement, as I see only four posts in 2019, no posts in 2018 and one post in 2017. The Cover photo is a photo of their team which helps the visitor right off the bat see who the business is. There are no calls to action that I can see. Consistently posting on a schedule both listings and other items of value, and adding calls to action could greatly improve the effectiveness of their Facebook page.

Charles Dunn Company is a commercial real estate company and they have a professional presence on Facebook with relevant posts of their transactions and listings. Their most recent posts are from October 2018 and they were posting about 3 times per week. Their Cover photo is a very nice professional photo over-looking the city skyscrapers. This is a great photo choice for a commercial real estate company. I also did not see any calls to action on this Facebook page. I think this company for the industry it is in is using Facebook effectively.  

Keyes Real Estate uses Facebook to promote their real estate business and transactions. They have many positive reviews from previous clients. They post consistently about twice per week and each posting is really nice with professional photos and useful information. Their Cover photo is a photo of their office space, which to me doesn’t really tell me much about them or the type of business they have. As far as a call to action, the only thing I see is a tab to “Call Now”. The only area I think they could improve on, is that first impression a visitor gets when they see the Cover photo. 

After reviewing these business pages, I think I can improve my business page by posting more consistently. I also believe the use of professional photos in my posts will make a difference. The pages I visited with the professional posts really looked impressive and were much more enjoyable to browse through, which meant I spent more time on those pages compared to pages with poor quality posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment