Google Analytics

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Week 4 - Part 2


Two websites I use and visit frequently are https://www.buffiniandcompany.com and https://www.thredup.com/.  I would say the number one reason these websites are effective is because they offer value to the user.  Buffini and company offers many tools and resources to its members and ThredUp offers excellent name brand clothing and accessories for hugely discounted prices. 

From the moment I enter the Buffini and Company website I can see many principles of good design.  This website offers a professional presence, is well organized and easy to use. It’s clear what kind of business it is, who they are as a business and what they offer. The toolbar is accessible consistently on the left side of every page, the business logo is on the top left as well as at the very bottom, and there are good quality and informative photos with additional links to more great information. It really is jam packed with great videos and resources all very well organized. There are links to Facebook, Instagram, twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, so I can easily get more information and interact with the business on multiple platforms. There is also an easy to locate company info page and “contact us” link with a physical address, business hours, and a contact telephone number.

ThredUp also has a well-designed and highly functional webpage. It’s an easy-to-use website with a good filtering system, so I can really narrow down what I am looking for.  I like that the site is straight forward, not bogged down with too many options, yet really makes it convenient to quickly see if they have what you’re looking for. There are plenty of good photos which are organized in different categories.  The logo is at the top left corner of every page, there is a search box in the top right side of every page, and the closing information is at the bottom of the page. 

I tend to visit the Buffini and Company website on a regular basis because there are may tips and tools that I enjoy using.  The website is regularly updated with relevant information to my business and the service offerings are always being added to.  I also regularly visit the ThredUp website because the products are constantly changing every day by the 10’s of thousands. When I do visit the site, I tend to get sucked in to spending more time than I should and probably buying more than I planned.  


I think both websites are really great. I cannot find anything on either website that needs improvement. Perhaps as the weeks go on and I learn more I will have to revisit and re-evaluate these websites.  I hope my business website emulates these, specifically the Buffini website, once I finish with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment