Google Analytics

Monday, May 20, 2019

Week 17 - Wrapping it up!

Over the last semester my use of social media has increased dramatically.  Not only have I learned how to used multiple different platforms, I realize how using them can benefit my business and create brand awareness.  Before this class I was only using Facebook, but not really using it to promote our business very well.  I’ve learned a lot about what type of posts Facebook likes and allows viewers to see, and what type of posts generate our viewer’s engagement. In addition, I have learned the value of expanding into other platforms such as Instagram, Twitter and blogging. 

This semester I created a Twitter and Instagram page that I’ve been regularly posting to. I’ve also realized that all of these platforms take time and attention to really server the customer.  It’s important to check regularly for customer engagement and be sure to respond to any inquiries they may have in a timely manner. 

At the beginning of this course our Facebook page had about 50 followers. I actually didn’t want it to grow because I was having issues with changing our Page name and I had read that if a business page has over 100 followers it was very difficult to get a name change.  Thankfully, I was successful in getting the name change and that was when I really put some effort into gaining new followers, plus all of my classmates helped with that as well, thank you!  

I have known that social media is the place to be if you are looking to promote your business.  Even though I knew this, I never wanted to spend the time to sit down and try to figure it out for myself because whenever I did I just ended up frustrated and unsuccessful.  It seemed I always had other pressing work that needed to be done and I would lose my patience in trying to learn social media. The instruction from this class was helpful and I really got a lot of great information from the text, likable social media.  I now have a better understanding of how to use social media and develop a business presence online.  I will continue to learn as I go and make changes as the we are in the ever-changing technology age.  

In participating in this course, I am actually keeping an eye on some of our photographers/videographers and interested in possibly using their services for my business.  If nothing else it would be nice to network with those who we have met in this course and possibly send referrals.  I think it’s a great thing to be able to connect people who can help each other out in some way.   I wish everyone all the success in their social media business marketing!

No comments:

Post a Comment