Google Analytics

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Week 1A - My Template

I spent a lot of time looking through the different blog templates and thought there were many great choices that I would have liked to use. Since this is my first blog and I haven’t spent much time reading blogs I didn’t really know what to look for. I also didn't know which format would have easy access to posts. 

After some time of searching and comparing the different formats, I chose the Picture Window for my blog theme.  I like that it represents a moment in time. There were three Picture Window choices available and I went with the picture of the road with the blue sky and the greenery.  I choose this because the road gives a sense of possibilities and represents the journey.  Right now, the journey is learning about social media for business and how to utilize it to its fullest! I also love the blue skies and greenery, which are also great color choices that I tend to lean towards.  

I discovered where I can experiment with different fonts and I changed the title font to Pacifico because its clean and simple with a SoCal feel. For my page text font, I am using Ubuntu because it’s simple and easy to read. Overall, I think it's okay, but it doesn't have that clean, crisp feel I am usually attracted to. I hope to make some modifications down the road! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michele,

    Choosing this theme was smart because it is simple, but also has everything you would need to get started. I like how you mentioned the road symbolizing a journey, because this is your first blog and could spark some creativity in you down the road. Choosing a background that you have reason behind is smart because it allows you to enjoy your blog more and make you interested in it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele,

    I really enjoyed reading your reason for the template. I loved how you symbolized the road as possibilities and a journey, then the journey being this class. I agree that the fonts you have chosen are clean and simple. Your blog really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele I love the analogy you used in describing why you chose the picture of the road as representative of your learning journey. It seems like you definitely have a vibe you’re going for and I can’t wait to see how your blog grows and evolves throughout the semester!

    ReplyDelete